When it comes to choosing wood flooring for your home or office, there are many factors. Not only that, but there is a lot of misinformation about hardwoods out there. We have put together some of our thoughts on the topic to help you be better informed about the myths that surround wood floors.
1. Wood floors are too expensive. Even though the initial cost on wood floors is sometimes higher, they will typically last much longer than other products. Most wood floors will last about 15 years before they need replacing or, even better, refinishing.
2. They are hard to keep up. Wood Floors are easy to maintain. By sweeping and or using a dust mop, you can keep that shine on your floors all the time. Occasionally, you may also use a simple wood cleaner recommended by the installer to bring back its luster.
3. Wood floors can scratch easily. Most wood floors will get scratched during their lifetime, but most of these are in the surface and can be easily repaired. Even with a deep scratch, a repair may be made.
4. Wood floors are bad for the environment. Wood floors are made from renewable resources. Even the earth-friendly homeowner can consider buying floors like engineered wood or bamboo to help do their part to save the planet.
5. Wood floors do not hold up to heavy traffic, kids, or pets. This comes down to picking the right wood floor for your specific situation. Most floors will have a hardness listed and the higher the number the more durable the flooring is. If you are in one of these situations look for a harness rating of 3500 or higher so it will minimize the wear and tear on your floor.
We hope that this short list of a few things will separate wood floors from the other flooring types. You need to be careful to find a great installer that understands your lifestyle needs and can help you pick the best wood floor for your situation. Be sure to check out all the great options wood floors have to offer. With cork, bamboo, engineered wood, and so many different color options available in the market, you are sure to find the perfect fit for you.
|Address:||2725 Hamilton Mill Road, Suite 800
Buford, GA 30519